HomeRight Spray Shelter Review!
I had wanted a HomeRight spray shelter for so long! It certainly would have come in handy when I was stenciling with spray paint in the cold. Then I could have painted inside and not been effected by the weather. So, I finally invested in the medium spray shelter. Let me tell you what I found!
The HomeRight Spray Shelter comes in three sizes small, medium, and large, so the first big challenge was deciding what size to buy. Since I’m terrible with choices I of course when with medium, just like when making decision on what size meal get at the fast food restaurant.
Since I bought the shelter for two purposes 1) to spray inside during the winter and not cover my shop in paint and 2) to be able to spray outside and not have wind blow debris onto my projects I thought medium would be good.
In hind sight I think I might invest in the small and large as well. You’ll see why in the pros and cons below.
The first mistake I made was to under estimate the size of the medium spray shelter. It popped open and I was suddenly trapped in my shop. Once I wrestled it into submission I was able to actually stand upright inside the shelter without any trouble at all.
I’m not very tall but I can get a nice sized project inside this shelter.
It was however at this point that I realized that there was no door to close. I’m not sure why I didn’t notice that when I ordered the shelter. That was a little bit of disappointment but it will teach me to read the full discription before clicking the buy it now button.
I tested out the shelter while inside my shop and it did the job it was designed for. I sprayed this little bird house to give it a refresh. Painting this with a brush would have been painful with all the nooks and crannies. Spraying it took seconds and none of the overspray got all over my shop. So win – win!
Here’s my list of pros and cons for the HomeRight Spray Shelter. You can decide if it’s right for your needs.
HomeRight Spray Shelter Pros
- It has a floor to protect my grass and my shop floors
- The medium is large enough to fit a tall boy dresser in it and me!
- The cost for such a generous shelter is under $50
- The ability to store it away since my space is at a premium
HomeRight Spray Shelter Cons
- The medium doesn’t close for that reason I think I need to buy the large which has a roll down door
- No anchor points. Since where I live is very windy there is no way to anchor it to the ground. Yes the project will weight it down but after I set it up I will need to get something in there very fast.
- It’s not that easy to collapse and put away. The directions weren’t very helpful on this point and it took two of us to get it done.
Share This Post!
If you found this post helpful please share it with your friends or better yet pin a copy to your Pinterest page. Just use the pinnable image below!
Many blessings to you!
Links above are affiliate links.